Position: Operational Trainer
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Reports to: Managing Director
Compensation : Competitive Salary + Incentives
Hours: Full-time coverage with availability within normal business hours
As an Operational Trainer, you shall be responsible for the day to day training of new hire employees as they transition out of training. This will include the teaching of new material, upgrades or revisions to processes and programs. The Operational Trainer will provide analysis of training effectiveness and will create new improvement efforts to increase performance metrics for new CSP employees within their first 6 months with RTR.
- Provide operations training to all new employees in a classroom and web-based setting
- Manage, develop, and motivate training team members in a collections call center environment
- Provide accurate & prompt answers to employee questions regarding any of the training & policy material
- Approve new hire employee timecards and correspond with human resources when necessary
- Draft training material regarding operational and compliance standards
- Develop and deliver employee testing to ensure proper understanding of the training material
- Ensure that all new hire objectives are achieved and aligned to operational objectives
- Assess employee training needs and provide feedback to management; maintain training records; may work with vendors to bring in external training courses
- Conduct the full scope of activities required to deliver new employee training and on-going training in order to increase employees’ skills, confidence, and capabilities
- Manage the daily functions of early stage collections team members by maintaining performance minimums and monitoring production
- Ensure the new hire team is providing remarkable customer service in their call handling, problem resolution, and knowledge of products and services
- Track and report on key performance indicators established by management for new hires
- Collaborate with direct reports and other teams on projects, initiatives, training, and other business activities
- Deliver improvement in daily functions through innovating, delegating, training, and hiring
- Routinely conducts one-on-one performance meetings with new hires for first 90 days
- Ensure compliance in accordance with company guidelines and internal policies
- Create an environment to support employee retention
Qualifications and Skills
- College Degree preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in collections and mortgage servicing
- Articulate, professional, and possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience developing curriculum and training material
- Superior customer services skills with ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations
- Goal-driven and results-oriented with strong negotiation skills
- Punctual, reliable, and effective time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, self-directed, and work independently
- Effective facilitation and classroom management skills with the ability to present information using a variety of techniques and media
- Basic computer skills required
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
This job operates in a call center within a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including electronic keyboard, mouse and headset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. He/she may be required to review information on a computer screen for long periods of time as well as perform repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; extended work hours and/or overtime may be required as dictated and/or approved by management and business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.