Mortgage Collections Specialist
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reports to: Manager
Compensation : Competitive Hourly Rate + Performance-Based Bonus
Benefits: Medical, Dental & Disability Benefits Paid 100% for Full Time Employees
Hours: Full time (37.5)
As a Mortgage Collections Specialist, you will be responsible for generating revenue in order to achieve monthly goals by contacting customers and obtaining the best arrangements on past due accounts.
- Contact past due customers to negotiate payment arrangements
- Build a portfolio of paying customers
- Analyze credit profile, loan history, customer financial situation and available assets
- Comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Responsible for thorough and accurate documentation in company’s collections systems
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma combined with work experience or College Degree
- Strong negotiation and persuasive selling skills required
- Goal driven and results oriented
- Self-motivated with strong attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and perform quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Articulate and professional in all communications
- Basic computer skills required
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) skills a plus
- Proven as a top performer in a professional work environment a plus
This job operates in a call center within a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including electronic keyboard, mouse and headset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk on the phone and listen to customers. He/she may be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time as well as perform repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position; extended work hours and/or overtime may be required as dictated and/or approved by management and business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time