Jr. Systems Administrator
Position: Jr. Systems Administrator
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports to: Manager
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Disability Benefits Paid 100% for Full Time Employees
- Working knowledge of vSphere 5 implementation, administration, maintenance, and support of VMware ESXi and vCenter in large scale environment
- Working knowledge of design, implementation, administrator, maintenance, and support of VMware View in a large scale environment
- Working knowledge of applying vCenter, ESX patches/upgrades
- Working knowledge of Management of vCenter ESX clusters, including DR and HA configurations
- Experience in VMware environment backups
- Must have knowledge of Dell server implementation, administration, maintenance, and support
- Familiar with vCenter networking concepts including trunking, VLANs
- Familiar with vMotion, Service Console, iSCSI, and vCenter vDS
- Working knowledge of storage configuration for iSCSI and SAN storage, including boot from SAN, VMFS volumes, and RDM
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Sever 2003/2008, Active Directory, Cisco routing/switching, DNS, DHCP
- Linux administration and Security experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-3 Years of experience
- 0-2 knowledge on vSphere5 Required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and credit check to client-required standards
- VMWare VCP, VMWare VCP5-DT, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, CCNA, Security+ certifications preferred
- Self-motivated and organized with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills for interaction with various individuals
- Team player with troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new technology a must
- Should possess strong time management skills as well as the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently on complex projects with little supervision
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including electronic keyboard, mouse and telephone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time as well as perform repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; extended work hours and/or overtime may be required as dictated and/or approved by management and business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.