Credit Reporting Consultant
Position: Credit Reporting Consultant
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports to: Manager
Compensation : Competitive Salary
The Credit Reporting Consultant is responsible for improving credit reporting related processes and enhancing best practices for the organization. You will work with a team of data and content professionals focused on managing and monitoring the accuracy of credit bureau reporting, and you will serve as a key influencer in this group.
Possible Essential Functions
- Apply knowledge of Fair Credit Reporting Act regulations and Metro 2 Guidelines to ensure that company reporting meets federal guidelines and additional reporting standards
- Identify and recommend operational improvements for credit reporting
- Assist in resolution of internal and externally identified reporting issues
- Frequently interact with the credit bureaus and e-Oscar; includes assisting with tickets to bureau portals and e-Oscar
- Review bureau provided data to ensure accuracy and integrity
- Submit Automated Universal Data forms (AUDs) and Automated Consumer Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) and respond in a timely manner
- Work closely with various company departments to achieve maximum results
- Assist with additional assignments and projects as necessary
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have at least 5+ years hands on experience with credit reporting as a data furnisher or working at a credit reporting bureau
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of Metro2
- Must be familiar with the FCRA
- Must have knowledge of the CDIA data furnishers’ guidelines
- Communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and within deadlines
- Effectively prioritize a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Experience in working with data to draw insights and influence the business to take action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and ability to learn new systems
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
- e-Oscar experience is a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including electronic keyboard, mouse and telephone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time as well as perform repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time