Credit Bureau Reporting Sr. Analyst
Position: Credit Bureau Reporting Sr. Analyst
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports to: Manager
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Disability Benefits Paid 100% for Full Time Employees
Hours: Full or Part-Time
The Credit Reporting Consultant is responsible for improving credit reporting related processes and enhancing best practices for the organization. You will work with a team of data and content professionals focused on managing and monitoring the accuracy of credit reporting, and you will serve as a key influencer in this group.
- Apply knowledge of Fair Credit Reporting Act regulations and Metro 2 to maintain federal guidelines and additional reporting standards
- Identify and recommend operational improvements for credit reporting
- Review CRA provided data to ensure accuracy and integrity
- Assist in creation of monthly Metro 2 files
- Apply statistical techniques to optimize, create, and maintain credit reporting standards
- Define performance metrics that measure the effectiveness of credit reporting processes
- Provide oversight and direction to the credit dispute and manual update team
- Assist in resolution of internal and externally identified reporting issues
- Assist with additional assignments and projects as necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have at least 2+ years hands on experience with credit reporting as a data furnisher or working at a CRA
- Industry knowledge of the primary nationwide CRAs (primarily Experian and Equifax)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Metro 2 reporting format, including experience writing specifications for the conversion of data out of various systems of record into Metro 2 files
- Knowledge of FCRA, Reg. V and other regulations and court cases relevant to credit reporting
- Experience in and/or knowledge of execution of data validation steps and controls in all areas of the consumer reporting process (data furnishing, disputes resolution and consumption/usage of consumer reports)
- SQL experience preferred
- Credit reporting dispute resolution experience is a plus
- Communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and within deadlines
- Effectively prioritize a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Experience in working with data to draw insights and influence the business to take action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and ability to learn new systems
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including electronic keyboard, mouse and telephone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk on the phone. He/she may be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time as well as perform repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; extended work hours and/or overtime may be required as dictated and/or approved by management and business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.